(And that’s just our social events!)
Join the Houston Grand Opera Guild. Go behind the scenes of a world-class company. Get to know opera inside and out--from its opulent history, to emerging world premieres, to talented performers. Make your heart sing with volunteer projects for the Houston Grand Opera and Studio.
As a member of the Houston Grand Opera Guild, you'll meet many talented performers. Besides greeting the on-stage cast, Guild members perform in a myriad of other roles, from education docents to studio artists' buddies to event underwriters, just to hit the high notes.
For more than 40 years, the Guild has been behind the scenes, a chorus of support using its many voices to broaden the appeal and knowledge of Houston Grand Opera.
- A full calendar of social and educational events and community outreach programs throughout the year
- Volunteer performances ranging from one-time commitments to stellar appearances spanning an entire season
- Unique opportunities to contribute to the development of young talent and meet the singers who grace the stages of opera houses around the world
Join us and watch as the curtain rises on your perfect HGO Guild role.
- Kathleen Moore Receives OVI Partners in Excellence Award - May 2015
- Hospitality Committees End Season with Flair and Fun - May 2015
- "Bloody Good Fun" Lives up to its Name - March 2015
Visit the News of the Guild page for the latest news about HGO Guild activities. Please send news items about yourself or your Guild friends to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Houston Grand Opera Guild is a member of Opera Volunteers International.
In the Spotlight!
Tuesday, June 7
6:30 p.m. Greetings and Registration
7:30 p.m. Program
United Way, 50 Waugh Dr. at Feagan, off Memorial
Please call 713-685-2306 for further directions.
Join us for complimentary wine and a light supper as you meet committee chairs and hear how your special skills and talents can make the Guild more successful in helping Houston Grand Opera. (more info)
AMICI is a group of HGO Guild members who enjoy each other's company in non-service activities, some opera-related and others just plain fun. (more info)
Visit the HGO Guild Scrapbook, a pictorial reference for our events. See: